I have just installed Nebeans 22 which is using JDK 21.
I need to maintain a desktop application which is on JDK 1.7 but when I attempt to add this JDK and even JDK 1.8, Netbeans gives the following error ...

"Cannot detect and install the selected platform. The Java or javac may not be executable."

I have read in other forums that this was a bug way back in version 10 or 11.
I would have imagined that this would have been solved by version 22.
Does anyone know some fix or workaround for this?