NetBeans 21 supports projects which use JDKs in the rage 8-21 with limited support for early access dev builds 22, 23 etc.

javac itself dropped support for the 1.7 target in Java 20.

So your best bet would be to try NetBeans 17 which used nb-javac based on JDK 19. Although I can't promise that this will work since I don't think anyone tested anything with Java 7 for quite some time.

-mbien