Bryan,

That is correct, having the ability to query nodes with "distrib=false" is
what I was talking about.

Instead of user having to configure each Solr node in a separate NiFi
processor, can we provide a single configuration??
It would be great if we can take just Zookeeper(ZK) host as input from user
and
  i) Determine all nodes for a container from ZK
  ii) Let each NiFi processor takes ownership of querying a node with
"distrib=false"

>From what I understand, NiFi slaves in cluster can't talk to each other.
Will it be possible to do the ZK query part in cluster master and have
individual Solr nodes propagated to each slave?
I don't know how we can achieve this in NiFi, if at all.

This will make Solr interface to NiFi much simpler. User needs to provide
just ZK.
We'll be able to take care rest. Including failing over to an alternate
Solr node with current one fails.

Let me know your thoughts.

Rgds,
Srikanth

P.S : I had subscribed only to digest and didn't receive your original
reply. Had to pull this up from mail archive.
Only Dev list is in Nabble!!

Hi Srikanth,

You are correct that in a NiFi cluster the intent would be to schedule
GetSolr on the primary node only (on the scheduling tab) so that only one
node in your cluster was extracting data.

GetSolr determines which SolrJ client to use based on the "Solr Type"
property, so if you select "Cloud" it will use SolrCloudClient. It would
send the query to one node based on the cluster state from ZooKeeper, and
then that Solr node performs the distributed query.

Did you have a specific use case where you wanted to query each shard
individually?

I think it would be straight forward to expose something on GetSolr that
would set "distrib=false" on the query so that Solr would not execute a
distributed query. You would then most likely create separate instances of
GetSolr and configure them as Standard type pointing at the respective
shards. Let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Thanks,

Bryan