Obaid,

You make a great point.

I agree we will ultimately need to do more to make that very valid
approach work easily.  The downside is that puts the onus on NiFi to
keep track of a variety of potentially quite large state about the
directory.  One way to avoid that expense is if NiFi can pull a copy
of then delete the source file.  If you'd like to keep a copy around I
wonder if a good approach is to simply create a symlink to the
original file you want NiFi to pull but have the symlink in the NiFi
pickup directory.  NiFi is then free to read and delete which means it
simply pulls whatever shows up in that directory and doesn't have to
keep state about filenames and checksums.

I realize we still need to do what you're suggesting as well but
thought I'd run this by you.

Joe