This is definitely possible and been done. What makes it difficult at times is
to have all required NiFi dependencies in the process space of a given test.
I've actually proposed a separate module for these types of 'headless' flow
tests. It actually helped me to discover some of the bugs as well as learn some
of the NiFi internals.

Anyway, not near the computer at the moment, but will follow up with more next
week

Oleg

Sent from my iPhone