I have a blog post on how to do this with NiFi using a Groovy script in the
ExecuteScript (new in 0.5.0) processor using PDFBox instead of Tika:

http://funnifi.blogspot.com/2016/02/executescript-extract-text-metadata.html?m=1

Jython is also supported but can't yet use Java libraries (it uses Jython
scripts/modules instead). The other languages (Groovy, Lua, JavaScript, JRuby)
can use Java libraries like Tika and PDFBox.

Regards,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone