You could certainly do it with InvokeHTTP but your right it would be
extremely overcomplicated and a mess of processors that would most likely
be error prone for the enduser trying to configure them for their needs.

I would like to see something like 4 processors to incorporate all of the
WebHDFS commands. Since the commands are already broken in GET, POST, PUT,
and DELETE "buckets" maybe have a processor for each one of those "buckets"
of operations. I think if you try to cram all of the possible operations
into a single processor the configuration becomes unnecessarily difficult
for the end user.