If you can represent the expected string format as a regular
expression, you can use the replaceAll() function [1] with
back-references:

${url:replaceAll('(http://[a-zA-Z0-9]+:)[a-zA-Z0-9]+(@.*)','$1xxxxx$2')}

original: http://username:p...@host.com
after: http://username:xx...@host.com

Note I have parentheses around the groups I want to keep (the
beginning and end, everything but the password part), then I can
re-insert them using back-references $1 and $2 (i.e. the capturing
groups)

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/expression-language-guide.html#replaceall

Regards,