Pat,

I'll respond wearing my Apache member and Apache NiFi PMC hats.

   No.

NiFi is of the Apache Software Foundation and thus cannot be bought.
That said to the spirit of your question it is fair to ask whether
this community is diverse in its representation of members and who
they are employed by.  In the committer and PMC of NiFi today we have
Hortonworks, Cloudera, Twitter, and a number of other companies
represented.  I think we do quite well in this regard though we must
continue to work on ensuring this stays true.

If you start seeing our UI turning all green then maybe it is time to
start worrying :-)

If there are any specific things you're seeing happening that you find
concerning please do let us know.

Thanks
Joe