Kafka consumer properties can be found here:

GetKafka uses the old consumer so the consumer property is:

The default for that property is ~1M.

If possible, you should limit the replica.fetch.max.bytes on the broker
configs to avoid this error (reset it to the default of 1048576).

AFAIK, you'll have to create a custom version of GetKafka that enables
adjustments to fetch.message.max.bytes.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Igor Kravzov <igork.ine...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I am getting the following exception in nifi-0.6.1:
> kafka.common.MessageSizeTooLargeException: Found a message larger than
> the maximum fetch size of this consumer. Increase the fetch size, or
> decrease the maximum message size the broker will allow.
> What is the max size? How can I increase max size?
> Thanks in advance.

[image: Payoff, Inc.] <http://www.payoff.com/>

Jeremy Farbota
Software Engineer, Data
jfarb...@payoff.com <em...@payoff.com> • (217) 898-8110 <(949)+430-0630>

I'm a Storyteller. Discover your Financial Personality!

[image: Facebook]  <https://www.facebook.com/payoff> [image: Twitter]
<https://www.twitter.com/payoff> [image: Linkedin]