Hello,

I am running into a problem moving some fairly large flows (40-50 processors)
from a NiFi 1.0.0 standalone instance to an 3-node NiFi 1.0.0 cluster.  I saved
the flows in the standalone instance as templates and uploaded the templates to
the cluster instance.  When I instantiate the template on the cluster instance,
I get an error dialog box that says, The specified observer identifier already
exists.  After a delay of about 30 seconds, the flow I was trying to
instantiate appears, but it has no connections.  Here is the only thing I could
find in the logs (this was in the nifi-user log, ip-addresses removed):

2016-10-26 07:32:09,589 INFO [NiFi Web Server-209]
org.apache.nifi.web.filter.RequestLogger Attempting request for (anonymous)
POST
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/nifi-api/process-groups/bf104e19-0157-1000-96a7-b87c2ff614ca/template-instance
 (source ip: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy)
2016-10-26 07:32:09,630 INFO [NiFi Web Server-209]
o.a.n.w.a.c.IllegalStateExceptionMapper java.lang.IllegalStateException: The
specified observer identifier already exists.. Returning Conflict response.
2016-10-26 07:32:14,299 INFO [NiFi Web Server-194]
org.apache.nifi.web.filter.RequestLogger Attempting request for (anonymous) GET
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/nifi-api/flow/process-groups/bf104e19-0157-1000-96a7-b87c2ff614ca
 (source ip: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy)

This does not happen with every flow I try to move from the standalone instance
to the cluster instance.  But it does consistently happen or not happen with
any given flow.  For example, I made a template on the standalone instance for
a flow with 1 processor, saved it and uploaded it to the cluster instance with
no problem.

As a work around, I have been able to do this:

1.       Disconnect one node from the cluster

2.       Instantiate my flows on the disconnected node from the templates

3.       Shutdown NiFi on all of the nodes

4.       Copy the flow.xml.gz file from the updated node to the other 2 nodes

5.       Restart NiFi on all of the nodes

After this the flows are instantiated and work fine.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on why I may be getting this error?

Thank you,

Simon