Greg,

NiFi does store which nodes are the primary and coordinator.  Relevant
nodes in ZK are (for instance, in a cluster I'm running locally):
/nifi/leaders/Primary
Node/_c_c94f1eb8-e5ac-443c-9643-2668b6f685b2-lock-0000000553,
/nifi/leaders/Primary
Node/_c_7cd14bd5-85f5-4ea9-b849-121496269ef4-lock-0000000554,
/nifi/leaders/Primary
Node/_c_99b79311-495f-4619-b316-9e842d445a8d-lock-0000000552,
/nifi/leaders/Cluster
Coordinator/_c_dc449a75-1a14-42d6-98ab-2cef3e74d616-lock-0000005967,
/nifi/leaders/Cluster
Coordinator/_c_2fbc68df-c9cd-4ecd-99d2-234b7b801110-lock-0000005966,
/nifi/leaders/Cluster
Coordinator/_c_a2b9c2be-c0fd-4bf7-a479-e011a7792fc3-lock-0000005968

The data on each of these nodes should have the host:port.  These are the
candidate nodes for being elected the Primary or Cluster Coordinator.  I
don't think that the current active Primary and Cluster Coordinator is
stored in ZK, just the nodes that are candidates to fulfill those roles.
I'll have to get back to you on that for sure, though.

- Jeff