Makoto,

Templates are tied to process groups. Unfortunately, this means that to delete
the group, you will have to delete the templates first. You can do this by
using the “hamburger” global menu at the top right of the UI and selecting
“Templates”, then deleting the templates which reside in this process group
(export them to XML first if you want to save them).

If you want to move those templates out of the PG, and you are comfortable
working in XML, a less-enticing option is to stop the application, uncompress
and open the flow.xml.gz file, and move the template entries out of the process
group to root or another group, being sure to update any references in the XML.
Then save and compress the file, and restart the application.

I understand this is not an ideal solution. I’m going to file a Jira
documenting this and suggest that the dialog allows you to select one of three

1. Delete process group and all contained templates
2. Delete process group and move templates to parent PG (this could cause
issues because the components and connections will no longer be defined)
3. Cancel the delete operation.

I’ll also suggest improving the documentation to make this situation clearer.

Andy LoPresto
alopre...@apache.org
alopresto.apa...@gmail.com