From: Pierre Villard <pierre.villard...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 10:21:28 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: ListHDFS ( some suggestions depending on our usage )

Hi Alessio,

It sounds like a valid improvement on the existing processor. Please feel free
to file a JIRA. Since the directory path is already allowing expression
language it wouldn't be a huge change.

- Pierre

<alessio.pa...@docomodigital.com<mailto:alessio.pa...@docomodigital.com>>:

Hello all,
I'm using ListHDFS but...

1) it can start only on a schedule strategy
2) directory path to list is "hard coded" into the processor it self.

I wonder if a new version, which can be started using a flowfile, accept the
attributes of the incoming flow file as parameters, it is more usable and
useful than the current implementation.

If you are thinking to GetHDFSEvent: In real world application HDFS super user
is not always an option and checking HDFS file ( ListHDFS )  is something which
must be subordinated to something.

What do you think ?
Is a good idea to add this to default nifi processors ?