When processing data in NiFi that was received via MiNiFi edge devices I
need to be able to identify the source of the data. All of the data on the
edge devices will be pulled from a database and will not contain any data
that self-identifies the source. My attempt to solve this was to write a
processor that reads a configuration file on the edge device to get its
device ID and put that ID as an attribute in the flowfile. This appears to
work, but, I was wondering if there is a more recommended approach?

Thanks,
Jeff