Mika

And yes to question one.  What you're doing us fine.  There will also soon
be an option for the writer to just infer its schema from the reader which
may be useful in simplifying the config more.

Glad you are finding these useful.  If you'd like to contribute a sample
flow that does this we have a wiki page for such things.  I'm sure others
would find it helpful.

Thanks
Joe