Hey,

I’m trying to get NiFi to send mqtt messages to the Azure IoT Hub.  The IoT Hub
uses SSL certificates, and I’m having trouble getting it working with the
publishmqtt processor.  I create a StandardSSLContextService pointing the
truststore at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts.  I
made sure (I think) that the chain was trusted by importing it manually into
the cacerts:
openssl s_client -showcerts -connect gsetest.azure-devices.net:8883 </dev/null
| sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > msft.cert
keytool -import -noprompt -trustcacerts -alias azure -file msft.cert -keystore
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit

When I start the processor, I immediately get the below error.  This all works
when I do it manually outside of NiFi using mosquitto_pub, so I know that my
various settings (username, password, etc) are correct.  Has anyone done
something similar, or can anyone offer any help here?

2017-08-08 17:20:28,570 ERROR [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-6]
o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode Failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due
to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's
OnScheduled task.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's
OnScheduled task.
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.invokeTaskAsCancelableFuture(StandardProcessorNode.java:1480)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.access$000(StandardProcessorNode.java:100)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode$1.run(StandardProcessorNode.java:1301)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.invokeTaskAsCancelableFuture(StandardProcessorNode.java:1463)
        ... 9 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
        at
        at

Thanks,

Jeff Oxenberg