Hi Dan,

If all available Timer Driven Thread are being used (or hang
unexpectedly for some reason), then no processor can be scheduled.
The number at the left top the NiFi UI under the NiFi logo shows the
number of threads currently working.
If you see something more than 0, then I'd recommend to take some
thread dumps to figure out what running thread is doing.

Other than that, I've encountered unexpected behavior with a NiFi
cluster if a node encountered OutOfMemory error.
The cluster started to behave incorrectly as it can not replicate REST
requests among nodes. I'd search any ERR logs in nifi-app.log.

Thanks,
Koji