From: Dominique De Vito <ddv36...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 12 February 2018 at 11:18 AM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Best Pratices for implementing a source catalog for Nifi

Hi,
I just wondering what are the Best Pratices for implementing a source catalog
for Nifi.
I mean the following:

* Nifi is able to catch data from various sources, and that's just fine (there
are plenty of processors!)
* In a more constrained world, I would like to limit the sources a Nifi
(workflow) developer is able to select (and then, to connect to).
So far I have not seen a way to do so.
The single way I see (currently) is the following one:
* derivate existing processors
* when a (to be modified) processor offers a free-form choice, transform it (if
needed) into a choice into a list of N options (let's say for example N
possible Kafka clusters as sources, and no more than the referenced ones).

Is there another way than derivating the existing processors?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique