Jim,

I don't think that's possible because I don't think the user-defined
properties are guaranteed to be in a particular order (insertion order
in the processor config dialog, e.g.), but someone please correct me
if I'm wrong. If true, then we wouldn't be able to have the
user-defined properties set deterministically as "positional"
arguments in an array.

You might be able to check to see if sys.argvs is defined [1] or None
or empty, and if so, then try the user-defined properties as variables
using the same technique. You wouldn't be able to support a "usage()"
type of thing (where in a command-line script you print the usage if
the arguments are not valid/complete), but you should be able to
determine whether the script is being run from the command-line Python
or from ExecuteScript Jython.

Regards,
Matt

[1]