Georg,

In addition to what Joe and Andrew mentioned, it really comes down to
how you want to setup your environment...

In a simple scenario, there would be multiple NiFi instances and a
shared registry instance. In one of the NiFi instances you build a
flow, start version control, and save v1 to the registry. In the next
NiFi instance you would import a new Process Group from the registry
using v1 of the flow you just created. This post describes this
scenario [1].

In a more complicated scenario, environments may be disconnected and
you would have a NiFi + Registry in one environment, and another NiFi
+ Registry in another environment. You would then use the toollkit
Andrew pointed to as a way to export a flow from registry #1 and
import it to registry #2.

Thanks,

Bryan

[1]
https://bryanbende.com/development/2018/01/19/apache-nifi-how-do-i-deploy-my-flow

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:23 AM, Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes you can absolutely version flows from one instance/env and use them in
> another.
>
> backing the registry storage with git is a good next step.
>
> On Feb 21, 2018 6:30 AM, "Andrew Grande" <apere...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, Georg, there's something coming up to address exactly that, please
>> take a look at https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2477
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018, 2:45 AM Georg Heiler <georg.kf.hei...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Can I use the new nifi registry to promote / move my nifi flows between
>>> environments?
>>>
>>> To me it currently looks like I can only click around in a single
>>> environment and then follow up / diff the changes over time via the
>>> registry.
>>>
>>> Also can the registry integrate with git?
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Georg