Hello,

1) Currently remote ports still need to be on the root canvas.

2) Hard to say the limit, but you will be bound the number of TCP
connections you can create and how many threads can handle them.

3) You could still use process groups to enclose the flow of the
template, and inside the process group would be a regular input port,
then when this template is instantiated you assign the correct
permissions to the process group, and some user who has permissions to
the root canvas makes the connection from the remote input port on the
root canvas, into the regular input port inside the process group.

Thanks,

Bryan