Hi Mark,

thanks for your response! especially because I saw your name in that Jira :)

I think it makes sense to "keep trying until you're successful".

I am a bit confused by "yield" and "penalize" parameters. Can you give me
an example how they are used? Let's say, I use ExecuteSQL processor and
route failure rel to itself. Then I set Penalty duration to 5 minutes and
Yield duration to 1 minute and my source database is down for
maintenance at the time. I am playing with different scenarios here but not
sure I understand what I am seeing.

I've read the docs 5 times now and still confused :)

And what do you think about that solution, proposed by Alessio? looks
simple and efficient to me and uses only one extra processor

thanks,
Boris