(dropped dev)

Hi Amit,

Thanks for sharing that.

The parsing query is added by NIFI-4545 in NiFi 1.5.0, to parse Hive
query at Hive related processors so that it can extract table names
into outgoing FlowFile attributes. Those attributes are used by
ReportLineageToAtlas reporting task to report Atlas that which
processor interacts with which DataSet.

Parsing query at NiFi processor is not necessary for executing the
query itself. So it just logs the exception while the query completes.

Do you have a complete stacktrace for the NullPointerException? Also,
do you mind filing a JIRA?

Thanks,
Koji