I'm trying to harden my NiFi instance's authorizations and auditing using
Ranger (which is backed by an LDAP instance).

In Ranger I have defined a couple of resources defined to be authorized for
the nifi nodes' CNs (from SSL certs), `{USER}` and `{OWNER}`.

Turns out that if I add `{USER}` to the resource containing "/flow" I can
read the flow as anonymous user, which is exactly the opposite of what I
want.

Some digging last week lead me to believe that this is due to the way
RangerNiFiAuthorizer.java [1] does authorizations. Note, I could be on the
completely wrong track here.

Is there any way to prevent `anonymous` from doing anything in NiFi,
through Ranger?

Best regards
Johannes Meixner

[1]