I am running HDF 3.0.1.1 which comes with NiFi 1.2.0.3.0.1.1-5. We are using
SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask to monitor bulletins (for things like Disk
Usage and Memory Usage). When we restart NiFi via Ambari (either with a Restart
or Stop and then Start), when NiFi comes back up the
SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask no longer works. It throws the following error
when it is first trying to start up:

SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask[id=ba6b4499-0162-1000-0000-00003ccd7573]
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector@34e976af Unable to refresh Remote
Group's peers due to response code 409:Conflict with explanation: null

No matter how long we wait, it never works. The ways I have been able to get it
to start working again are as follows:

  *   Stop and then Start the Remote Input Port the
SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask is using
  *   Delete the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask and create a new one
  *   Wait a while and stop and start the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask
(however this doesn't work consistently)

I have tested the same flow steps using a process that uses a Remote Process
Group and a different Remote Input Port, and that RPG throws the same error
when first coming up but then starts working after a period of time. So maybe
the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask isn't trying enough times to connect to the
Remote Input Port?

Sincerely,
Chad Woodhead