Boris,

Using a Record-based processor does not mean that you need to define a schema
upfront. This is
necessary if the source itself cannot provide a schema. However, since it is
pulling structured data
and the schema can be inferred from the database, you wouldn't need to. As Matt
was saying, your
Record Writer can simply be configured to Inherit Record Schema. It can then
write the schema to
the "avro.schema" attribute or you can choose "Do Not Write Schema". This would
still allow the data
to be written in JSON, CSV, etc.

You could also have the Record Writer choose to write the schema using the
"avro.schema" attribute,
as mentioned above, and then have any down-stream processors read the schema
from this attribute.
This would allow you to use any record-oriented processors you'd like without
having to define the
schema yourself, if you don't want to.

Thanks
-Mark

On Aug 7, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Boris Tyukin