Joe G,

Also, to clarify, when you say "when we add receiving Site-to-Site traffic to
the mix, the CPU spikes to the point that the nodes can't talk to each other,
resulting in the inability to view or modify the flow in the console"
what exactly does "when we add receiving Site-to-stie traffic to the mix" mean?
Does that mean adding an Input Port to your canvas' Root Group? Does it mean
starting the Input Port? Or simply having the sender
start transmitting data? Does it mean creating a Remote Process Group on your
canvas? Trying to understand the exact action that is being taken here.

The reason that I ask is that there was some refactoring of the component
lifecycles in 1.6.0. That caused Funnels that were not fully connected to start
using a huge amount of CPU.
That was addressed in NIFI-5075 [1]. I'm wondering if perhaps you've stumbled
across something similar, related to Root Group Ports or RPG Ports....

Thanks
-Mark

On Aug 10, 2018, at 5:07 PM, Joe Witt