Scott,

Unfortunately the Parquet API itself is tied to the Hadoop Filesystem
object which is why NiFi can't read and write Parquet directly to flow
files (i.e. they don't provide a way to read/write to/from Java input
and output streams).

The best you can do is trick the Hadoop API into using the local
file-system by creating a core-site.xml with the following:

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
        <value>file:///</value>
    </property>
</configuration>

That will make PutParquet or FetchParquet work with your local file-system.

Thanks,

Bryan