Thanks Bryan,

This really helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Sent: September 12, 2018 10:23 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running Nifi in cluster mode

Hello,

There is a graph of processors often referred to as the "flow" and each node in
the cluster runs a copy of the flow. So all nodes are running the same
components, with the exception of source processors that happen to be scheduled
as primary node only.

The data must be divided across the cluster to make use of the cluster
appropriately, and this depends on the source of your data [1].

Since all nodes are generally doing the same thing, it probably makes the most
sense for them to similar in terms of hardware. They don't have to be, but NiFi
is not making any decisions based on the hardware.

-Bryan

[1]
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/16120/how-do-i-distribute-data-across-a-nifi-cluster.html