Hi there,

I'm trying to get a working configuration for the official vanilla NiFi
docker image where it can read existing SFTP incoming data as well as allow
me to pass in any necessary configuration files.

The problem seems to be that by default the docker container picks up
userID 1000 to run the nifi process, which is OK since I mapped my
/etc/passwd and /etc/group volumes and I'm managing the directory
read/write access through my underlying OS (Ubuntu 18.04).

Where I am having problems is mapping the docker NiFi /opt/nifi directory
to a local directory, despite the permissions looking OK.  I've even set my
local /data/nifi directory to chmod 777, but the docker container fails to
start.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?  Also any best practices for
mapping the NiFi internal docker volumes to the local OS would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen