We have a use case where we take data from a source(text data in csv
format), do transformation and manipulation of textual record, and output
the data in another (csv)format. This is being done by a Java based custom
framework, written specifically for this *transformation* piece.

Recently as Apache NIFI is being adopted at enterprise level by the
organisation, we have been asked to try *Apache NIFI* and see if can use
that as a replacement to this custom tool?

*My question is*:

   - How much leverage does *Apache NIFI *provides on the flowfile *content
   *manipulation?

I understand *NIFI *is good for creating data flow pipeline, but is it good
for *extensive TEXT Transformation* as well?   So far I have not found
obvious way to achieve that.

Appreciate the feedback.

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/ameermawia
Toronto, ON