Van: Andrew Grande [mailto:apere...@gmail.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 9 januari 2019 20:25
Aan: users@nifi.apache.org
CC: Vos, Walter <walter....@ns.nl>
Onderwerp: Re: Truststore/Trusted hostname

Walter, you could point to the default JRE truststore file, maybe.

Andrew
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019, 7:12 AM Kevin Doran
<kdo...@apache.org<mailto:kdo...@apache.org>> wrote:
Hi Walter,

I could be mistaken, but my interpretation of the Trusted Hostname
configuration option is that it is designed to work with/in-addition-to the
truststore, not instead of a truststore as an alternative trust mechanism.

Basically, I think it is to be used in situations when the default hostname
verifier (i.e., the remote hostname must match the hostname/SANs of the
certificate) prevents the connection. IF you have a reason the hostname does
not match the cert (for example, a dev/test environment) you could whitelist an
alternative hostname while still making aan HTTPS connection.

Note that when using this option there are man-in-the-middle attack
implications you should consider.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Kevin