Hi all,

In our application, we faced the same problem. To solve it, we wrote a
Django app that sat at the center of the interaction between NiFi and
several other systems (including Spark and another internal application)
and used it to dispatch tasks as needed. In that architecture, NiFi was not
itself the orchestrator, but rather interacted with another application
that acted that way. We found that this was a good solution to our problems
that properly divided responsibilities between what NiFi was good at doing
(moving files from place to place) and what was better done in Python code
(many of the tasks described above). If you don't want to go so far as to
write your own orchestrator, you might want to checkout crossbar.io, which
could serve the function of communicating between different services.

Jerry

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/grapesmoker