Ryan,

That block of text that shows up in the log could arguably said "WARN"
because the flow will continue to function as it did before.

However, the reason it is an error is that you really should follow its
advice and specifically follow the secure nifi configuration guidance.

By not following that you have a setup which is not secure.

We're doing all we can as a community to move to 'secure by default'
configurations which will take time.  It requires improved tooling out of
the box and we want the 'initial up and running experience' to be as smooth
as possible and similar to how it works now.

Anyway, hopefully that helps explain.

Thanks
Joe