With following script I get week number 44 and year 118, which is strange
result.
Week should be 1 and year 2019 for date 2018-31-12.
What is wrong here?

Tom

from datetime import datetime, timedelta, date

flowFile = session.get()
if (flowFile != None):
    file_name = flowFile.getAttribute('filename')

    date_file = file_name.split("_")[6]
    date_final = date_file.split(".")[0]
    date_obj = datetime.strptime(date_final,'%y%m%d')
    date_year = date_obj.year
    date_day = date_obj.day
    date_month = date_obj.month

    week_att = date(year=date_year, month=date_month,
day=date_day).isocalendar()[1]
    year_att = date(year=date_year, month=date_month,
day=date_day).isocalendar()[0]
    str_week = str(week_att)
    str_year = str(year_att)

    flowFile = session.putAttribute(flowFile, "year_extracted", str_year)
    flowFile = session.putAttribute(flowFile, "week_extracted", str_week)
    session.transfer(flowFile, REL_SUCCESS)
    session.commit()

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 16:59, Tomislav Novosel <to.novo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for answers. The reason why I want this to do with python
> script is wrong calculation of week number from date. Nifi has that
> function in expression lang. (extracted_date:format("w", <<time_zone>>)).
> My time zone is GMT+2.
> If i set date, for example 20180819, and time zone in function GMT I get
> week number 34, which is wrong. If I ommit time zone, I get week number 33,
> which is right. I'm not sure if thats bug. You can test it for yourself,
> and if you do, please share your findings here, maybe I'm doing something
> wrong.
>
> On the other side, if I use python, I'more sure that I will get correct
> week number, even for dates which overlaps with week number in next
> year(e.g. 20181231)
>
> Since this calc will be in production, I need resilient workflow in the
> future without errors.
>
> Regarding script I sent above, I'm getting error: "week cannot bo coerced
> as string". I checked right on the beginning if the session is null or not.
>
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2019, 16:26 Jerry Vinokurov <grapesmo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I wanted to add, since I've done this specific operation many times, that
>> you can really just do this via the NiFi expression language, which I think
>> is more "idiomatic" than having ExecuteScript processors all over the
>> place. Basically, you would have an UpdateAttribute that set something
>> called, say, date_extracted with an expression that looks something like
>> ${filename:substringAfterLast('_'):toDate('yyyy.MM.dd')} (this is an
>> approximation based on the above, modify as necessary for your purpose).
>> Then you could use a second UpdateAttribute to extract various information
>> from this date with the format command, e.g. ${date_extracted:format('<your
>> format expression here>')}. I don't think there's one for "week" but in
>> general this is the approach I take when I need to do date munging.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM Tomislav Novosel <to.novo...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matt, thanks for suggestions. But performance is not crucial here.
>>> This is code i tried. but I get error: "AttributeError: 'NoneType'
>>> object has no attribute 'getAttribute' at line number 4"
>>> If I remove code from line 6 to line 14, it works with some default
>>> attribute values for year_extracted and week_extracted, otherwise i get
>>> error form above.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>>> from datetime import datetime, timedelta, date
>>>
>>> flowFile = session.get()
>>> file_name = flowFile.getAttribute('filename')
>>>
>>> date_file = file_name.split("_")[6]
>>> date_final = date_file.split(".")[0]
>>> date_obj = datetime.strptime(date_final,'%y%m%d')
>>> date_year = date_obj.year
>>> date_day = date_obj.day
>>> date_month = date_obj.month
>>>
>>> week = date(year=date_year, month=date_month, day=date_day).isocalendar
>>> ()[1]
>>> year = date(year=date_year, month=date_month, day=date_day).isocalendar
>>> ()[0]
>>>
>>> if (flowFile != None):
>>> flowFile = session.putAttribute(flowFile, "year_extracted", year)
>>> flowFile = session.putAttribute(flowFile, "week_extracted", week)