Ravi

Correct.  We've created integrations that we know work with Hive 1.1, Hive
1.2, and Hive 3.x.  There has not been work toward Hive 2.x.

The above correlate to CDH, HDP, and HDP respectively.

You can see how there have been Hive bundles for different versions and
could model off that.  In general, it is a lot of effort for each.  And,
you're not really guaranteed that just because it works against a given
Apache Hive version that it would against a given Hadoop/Cloud vendor
version of Hive.

Thanks