Tis true, there are a couple of Collection methods they changed the
behavior of, something like when an object is both a List and Stack,
if you push then get (e.g.) it doesn't work the same. Since the
scripting processors are still labelled Experimental (who might
support custom scripts anyway?) I now tend to think we could move up
to the latest 2.x version of Groovy, with a goal of Groovy 3.x for
NiFi 2.0 (both the scripting NAR and the Groovy NAR), or whenever we
bump to JDK >8. I was hesitant because the changes touched fundamental
Java collections, but I am fine with upgrading the version if the
community agrees. Thoughts?

Regards,
Matt