Honestly, I have seen so many unique ways to mangle the currency format,
that I'm not even sure one can reliably parse one anymore.

But more importantly, isn't it the responsibility of a representation layer
to format and pretty print the value? Just have hard time seeing a
widespread need for that within NiFi itself.

This is just me sharing my experiences, not to discourage you from
contributing :)

Andrew