Thanks Bryan.

With your answer.... I will go to the Node Group and assign node identities.
Better for deployment and setup on the fly, I guess.

One more point, you said "creating ldap entries for your nodes and
assigning them group membership in ldap". What type of objectClass would
you assign to the node in LDAP ?
This is not inetOrgPerson. The node should not have password.
If I create groupOfMembers for each node, is it correct ?

Thanks

Etienne