Ralph,

Thanks for the reply and additional details.  I may be misunderstanding,
but just for clarification, in your diagram, are you expecting NiFi to act
as the REST server?  If that is the case, then you should be able to use
one of the ConsumeKafka processors to retrieve messages and return them to
the REST client.  At a very basic level, the flow would go from
HandleHttpRequest to ConsumeKafka to HandleHttpResponse.  Depending on the
format of the messages retrieved from Kafka, you may need to introduce
additional processors prior to HandleHttpResponse in order to format the
output for delivery to the REST client.

Regards,
David Handermann