PatW

I'd triple-check to ensure there are no weird/special/unexpected characters
in your nifi.properties file.  These are often not obvious in default text
views so you might need to explicitly set some view to expose them.

Yeah this is certainly not a great user experience - we give you just
enough to have an idea but leave plenty to the imagination here.

I suppose the good news is we know it is a port.

Check lines in/around
nifi.remote.input.socket.port=
nifi.web.http.port=8080
nifi.web.https.port=