From: Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 10:23 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Make NiFi Flow Read Only on Disconnect

Shawn

So that is one direction (being more restrictive).  Another direction is to
simply ditch the logic we have and allow changes and simply update the
disconnected node when it rejoins.  We have all kinds of super complex super
duper awesome logic in there to help prevent users from getting into a bad
state.  What we have found is it was a lot of effort with minimal payoff.  The
simpler model is simply 'add the node to the cluster, make changes to ensure
the flow matches, and move on'.
The only failure case would be when connecting and there is data in a
connection which no longer exists.  We can make exception handling for that
mode.

How does that sound for you?

Thanks