The special permission for "Can manage buckets - Read" equates to
"Read all buckets" [1].

I agree we should probably make it clearer in the docs about what a
nifi node needs. It is handled for you if you specify the node
identities in registry's authorizers.xml during initial start up.

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/user-guide.html#special-privileges