I am using an Ansible role from Ansible GALAXY that has been tested and
validated up through Apache NiFi v1.14.0. I download and install 1.14.0.bin
from the Apache NiFi archives fir this reason.

I am using ansible to install on and AWS EC2 instance. My java version on
this instance is:

openjdk 17.0.5 2022-10-18 LTS

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Corretto-17.0.5.8.1

The install goes well. But when nifi attempts to start, it fails with the
following error message. Is this error indicating a compatibility issue
with the java installation on AWS? How should I proceed to get nifi to
start?

2022-12-13 02:50:39,316 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch
NiFi due to org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY]
Unable to make p

rotected final java.lang.Class
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)
throws java.lang.ClassFormatError acce

ssible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module
@31b289da

org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] Unable to
make protected final java.lang.Class
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[]

,int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain) throws java.lang.ClassFormatError
accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module
@31b289da

        at
org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.injectSnappyNativeLoader(SnappyLoader.java:297)

        at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.load(SnappyLoader.java:227)

        at org.xerial.snappy.Snappy.<clinit>(Snappy.java:48)

        at
org.apache.nifi.processors.hive.PutHiveStreaming.<clinit>(PutHiveStreaming.java:158)

        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)

        at
org.apache.nifi.nar.StandardExtensionDiscoveringManager.getClass(StandardExtensionDiscoveringManager.java:328)

        at
org.apache.nifi.documentation.DocGenerator.documentConfigurableComponent(DocGenerator.java:100)

        at
org.apache.nifi.documentation.DocGenerator.generate(DocGenerator.java:65)

        at
org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:1126)

        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:159)

        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:71)

        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:303)