Lars,

You should also experiment with cleanHistoryOnStart. I did some
experimentation this morning where I set the maxHistory to 1 (1 day vs the
default of 30 which is 30 days), created a few fake log files from previous
days and NiFi immediately cleared out those "old files" on startup. I have
a Jira ticket up to fix this for 1.x and 2.x and will likely have it up
today. Should definitely be ready for 1.23