From: Matthew Clarke <matt.clarke....@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2024 11:19 PM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Cc: Alexei Rozenvaser <alexei....@tomer-rs.co.il>
Subject: Re: Insufficient Permissions - Unable to view the user interface - at
WebUI

You don't often get email from
matt.clarke....@gmail.com<mailto:matt.clarke....@gmail.com>. Learn why this is
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Hello Alexei,

Since you are loving in using your  sAMAccountName, I recommend using them
identity string instead of the full DN of your AD users.  In your
ldap-provider, change USE_DN to USE_USERNAME. Upon successfully authentication
the username you provided in the login window will be posted to configured
authorized in your NiFi.  Using sAMAccountName instead of the full DN will also
make it easier setting up additional AD user authorizations later via NiFi UI.

Then configure your initial user identity (file-user-group-provider) and admin
identity (file-access-policy-provider) to match your username.  Keep in mind
that NiFi is case sensitive.  You then need to delete or rename your current
users.xml and authorizations.xml files. These files are only created on NiFi
startup if they do NOT already exist. The content is never modified in existing
files when you make changes to the authorizers.xml.

Thanks,
Matt

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, 9:24 AM Michael Moser