Andreas,

Seems like you are still using JBoss InitialContext implementation.
Did you set your system properties to use OpenEJB InitialContextFactory ?

properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
        "org.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory");

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);

Regards,
Jean-Louis