Jean Louis,

thank you for your quick reply.
I start openejb in the way you described, and the startup is fine.
I am also able to test some ejbs.
However, if somewhere in our code, a new InitialContext is initialized, I
get the exception.

so basically I have following configuration:

class Beanfactory{

 static void initContainer() {

   properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
        "org.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory");

   // THIS WORKS FINE
   InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(properties);
}

I want to test code that performs itself a "InitialContext ctx = new
InitialContext()". This works well with jboss.embedded, but fails with
openejb.
For jboss.embedded we use a jndi.properties as configuration. so if the file
is present in classpath, new IntialContext() works fine. I wonder if there
is a similar configuration in openejb?

thx,
andreas

p.s. here is the data in jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces