Hi,

some more detailed questions on custom functions. I found that:

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/javadoc/org/apache/openjpa/jdbc/kernel/exps/JDBCWildcardMatch.html

The example in this javadoc is this line of JPAQL:

"address.street.ext:wildcardMatch (\"?ain*reet\")"

I dont bother about wildcardMatch itself but i am wondering if this ".ext:" notation is somewhere defined. I crawled the JPA specs and found no reference to it. So is there a custom OpenJPA-JPAQL parser or something? In fact i can see no reference to custom functions in JPA at all. This makes me mad. Really wild guessing here.

At this point i have my custom function (aka FilterListener) installed via persistence.xml like this:

<property name=" openjpa.jdbc.JDBCListeners " value="de.logentis.openjpa.LevenshteinDistanceMatch"/>

Can i go on with something like this in my JPAQL ? :

Query query = em.createQuery("select p from Person p where p.name.ext:levenshteinMatch(?1, 8))");

Of course my Filter accepts two arguments and returns the name of the written function via getTag().

Thanks for infos and when i through all this, i would love to contribute some examples in the examples folder of the distro!

Marc